Reviews of HostGator
HostGator is one of the oldest, and biggest web hosting companies. It is one of the most popular that makes it easy for you to host your own website. Best of all, HostGator makes it very affordable for its customers. All the Reviews of Hostgator agree that for over 17 years, HostGator has been providing you and its clients excellent quality service.
It has maintained a solid reputation for reliability and quality.
As part of HostGator’s commitment to excellence, HostGator continues to improve on its core beliefs:
- Easy to Install WordPress Websites, Blogs, Woocommerce, etc
- Websites have a whopping load speed of 734 ms
- Affordable and Scalable Plans for Customers
- Quality and Ease of Use Email marketing
- Excellent phone, mail, and chat support.
In the last 24 months alone, HostGator has maintained 99.93% uptime of all the websites under their leadership; one of the highest in the industry.
It means your website is always on and can be visited by everyone.
Even HostGator’s basic shared plans for website hosting comes with unlimited storage along with a free SSL certificate.
(SSL helps keep your website secured).
It has massive amounts of bandwidth and even a free domain (for your first year).
In these reviews on Hostgator, I will go through everything you need to know about HostGator like Hostgator features, benefits, pricing, and plans.
Lets dive in…
Reviews for Hostgator will elaborate on the pricing for the latter which is one of the most important aspects.
When you sign up as a new user, you are eligible for HostGator’s exclusive discount feature.
This means when you sign up today, you can start hosting your website for only $2.75 per month. Imagine what you can do for only $2.75 per month. (3-year plan)
Please note that this exclusive discount is a 1-time feature for your term meaning if you sign up for HostGator’s one-year plan, your exclusive discount be applied for only that plan.
The same goes for the two-year plan and three-year plan.
After your initial term is over, the price will be renewed to its regular rate or original price.
For example, let’s say you went with HostGator’s Shared Hosting with a Hatchling plan priced at $2.75 after your initial term (3-year plan), it will be renewed at $6.95, its regular price.
If you want to save a lot of money, then, go for a longer-term plan. Of course, if you want a plan that’s shorter then you have that option.
Host gator makes sure to accommodate all of their customers by providing you flexible terms from:
- 36 months
- 24 months
- 12 months
- 6 months
- 3 months
- 1 month
Furthermore, HostGator comes with 7 types of hosting, each type has three different pricing plans, offering different kinds of features, discounts, and more – giving you choices thus you are more comfortable unlike other website hosting providers who limit your choices.
7 Types of Hosting with Pricing Plans
1. Shared Web Hosting
Shared Web Hosting is where you and others share a single server, giving you and others the best most affordable solution for all your basic website needs for low traffic.
Perfect for single page websites such as company profiles, portfolios, and even works of art.
Please note that this service can be very limiting for you as you shared your server with others thus spreading resources instead of you having your own dedicated resources.
The plans for shared web hosting are:
- $2.75 per month, renews at $6.95
- $3.75 per month, renews at $9.95
- $5.25 per month, renews at $14.95
Note, there’s another hosting service similar in pricing called Powerful Application Hosting.
Instead of just offering its services to hosting a website with Powerful Application Hosting, you can start a forum, a wiki, a photo gallery, reviews of Hostgator blog, or an eCommerce website.
This option is more for coders and developers who want precise control of their website.
HostGator Shared Hosting Plans with Free SSL for as low as $2.75/mo
2. Dedicated Server Hosting
This is the most advanced, and the most expensive type of hosting.
You have your own server, perfect for very large websites (millions of monthly visitors) or online stores (where highly sensitive information must be guarded).
This type of hosting comes with its own highly dedicated and advanced security with multiple customizations to boost.
The ultimate level of security, speed, and performance.
The plans for dedicated hosting are:
- for $89.98 per month, you get 8GBs of RAM, 1TB HDD, and 4 CPU cores, renews at $189
- at just $119.99 per month, you get 16GBs of RAM, 512GB SSD or 2TB HDD and 8 CPU cores, renews at $249
- for only $139.99 per month, you get 30GBs of RAM, 1TB SSD and 8 CPU cores, renews at $289
3. VPS Hosting
VPS or a Virtual Private Server, to keep it simple, is a blend of shared web hosting and dedicated hosting.
You take the (some) power of dedicated hosting while keeping the costs relatively low by still sharing your server except now with few websites.
The plans for VPS hosting are:
- One with 1.5TB bandwidth with 2GBs of RAM and 120GB of disk space for only $19.95 per month, renews at $79.95 per month.
- comes with 2TB bandwidth with 4GBs of RAM and 165GB of disk space for only $29.95 per month, renews at $119.95
- comes with 3TB bandwidth with 8GBs of RAM and 240GB of disk space for only $39.95 per month, renews at $149.95
4. WordPress Hosting
HostGator offers you an easy and convenient way of installing WordPress with just a few clicks.
Furthermore, it also provides free daily backups, phenomenal server performance, high allowances for monthly visitors, massive storage, and more.
The plans for hostgator hosting wordpress:
- For $5.95 per month, you get free SSL certification, 1GB of Backups, host 1 site with a domain name included and you can support visitors of up to 100,000 per month, renews at $9.95.
- $7.95 per month you get free SSL certification, 2GB of Backups, host 2 sites with a domain name included and you can support visitors of up to 200,000 per month, renews at $15.95
- For $9.95 per month, you get free SSL certification, 3GB of Backups, host 3 sites with a domain name included, and you can support visitors of up to 500,000 per month, renews at $22.95
5. HostGator Website Builder
Gator builder is HostGator’s drag and drop builder for websites. You simply drag and drop elements into your website to customize the different modern templates.
Super easy to use and more importantly it comes with free hosting and domain so you can make a good saving.
All plans come with unlimited pages, storage, and bandwidth.
The plans for gator website builder are:
- $3.84 per month, renews at $7.68
- $5.99 per month, renews at $11.98
- $9.22 per month, renews at $18.45
6. HostGator Reseller Hosting
Reseller Hosting is essentially you being a property owner and you can now rent out those unused spaces for profit. In this case, you rent out your share of bandwidth and storage for a profit.
The plans for reseller hosting are:
- $19.95 per month, renews at $29.95, with 600GB bandwidth, and 60GB disk space.
- $24.95 per month, renews at $41.95, with 900GB bandwidth, and 90GB disk space.
- $24.95 per month, renews at $59.95, with1400GB bandwidth, and140GB disk space.
If you want to avoid downtime ( it happens when your website is not available online ) especially during peak loads; then you want HostGator Cloud hosting for your website.
To keep it simple, think of Cloud hosting as a collection of servers working together, all individually helping to maintain your website with any strain on their part.
Each Cloud server, in essence, has its own copy of your website so that in the event of one of them being down, another one will immediately take over.
This service makes it very easy for your business to scale, be versatile, and built on reliability for you and your customers.
The plans for cloud hosting are:
- starts at only $4.95, renews at $10.50. The plan includes free SSL certification, can host one site, unmetered bandwidth, and a free domain name
- Starts at $6.57 per month, renews at $13.50. Same as the Hatchling plan, but you can now host multiple websites.
- for only $9.95 per month, renews at $19.50. You get all the same features as Baby plan, but now you have SEO tools and an even better SSL certification.
HosGator’s Free Email Marketing
What most reviews of Hostgator do not mention is that you get 3 months for free, when you sign up with HostGator, with access to 500 contacts.
After your 3 months, you will then be charged $20 per month.
Email marketing is what you use to skyrocket your profits in the backend.
HostGator For WordPress Review
Reviews for HostGator; also called gator hosting or gator host wouldn’t be complete without knowing what the HostGator’s WordPress hosting capabilities are.
If you have never really understood what WordPress is, think of it this way, it is a CMS or Content Management System
A CMS means there is no real coding, you do not need to be a programmer to be able to use WordPress because it already does the coding for you.
Everything is displayed for you even your grandmama can learn to use WordPress.
You are now a designer, not a developer – meaning you can almost literally drag and drop your way to success .
There are just modules (a module is a collection of specific codes, for a specific function) for you to choose and install, with 1-click.
There’s no backend work, everything is done for you.
And HostGator makes it super, easy for you to install WordPress onto your website.
It’s just like installing an App on your smartphone, with just a few clicks, it is ready for use with loads of customizations and plug-ins to choose from.
HostGator’s Award Winning Customer Support
With great customer service, made available to you through an instant live chat, HostGator customer service representatives are lively and ready to answer every question you have within just a few seconds.
Hosting Gator also provides you with a comprehensive list of web knowledgebase articles, neatly organized into categories: Domains, Email, Security, Database, VPS/Dedicated,cPanel Hostgator and so much more.
I never had a bad experience with HostGator support team; I went on live chat and asked about Email marketing and I got a prompt, accurate, and sensible answer.
HostGator Review ( Pros And Cons)
Pros Of HostGator:
- 45-days of Money-Back Guarantee
- Free website migration.
- Guaranteed minimum Stable Uptime Service (99.90%) otherwise refund to amount. equivalent to 1 month of credit
- Free Domain Name available with any 1-year plan
- Excellent Support, available in multiple support channels. Whether you want a phone call, live chat, social media, or even E-mail — HostGator is available 24/7.
- With over 17 years of experience, HostGator employees are specialists, with years of experience.
- Massive client base, with an excellent track record of over 17 years.
- Excellent variety in plans available to the customer + lots of exclusive discounts.
- And best of all, because HostGator is part of the Endurance Group, a very large multinational, you can be assured that they are very stable in their marketplace.
- HostGator is fast (unlike other host providers) even for their basic shared web hosting plans.
- Excellent 50-70% discount for all first-time customers of HostGator.
- Gator builder comes with an eCommerce plan which helps to start an operational store with minimal hassle.
Cons of HostGator:
-Additional fee for backups and security.
-Your hosting renewal fees can be quite expensive after your first term.
-Inconsistent Speeds: yes, HostGator offers one of the best in the industry, but it can vary in times of peak loads especially on shared web hosting sites.
-Refund only applies to new accounts and not renewals as well as no refund is provided if payment done with Western Union, checks, money orders, and bank wire transfers.
-Lots of add-on service
HostGator Hosting Tools to Help You Maximize your Website:
cPanel Control Panel
HostGator utilizes one of the best cPanels in the industry.
If you’re not sure what a cPanel is, think of it as a dashboard or a universal remote with lots of buttons for specific actions.
Very similar to the dashboard in your car and it’s just as user-friendly and easy to navigate.
When you first log on to your account through the HostGator login tab, you’ll see a lot of options or tabs from a support page option, to billing information, hosting specific needs, your account’s settings, and more.
There’s always HostGator’s reliable support team always available if you need help wih anything.
Additional cPanel Features:
- You can create and easily manage your own email account.
- You can easily integrate Google Analytics enabling you to see your website’s traffic.
- Easily add subdomains and domains from the cPanel.
- You can view the free SSL certificate that you got or purchase an even better one.
- Integration of multiple Google Apps into your cPanel to further streamline your business.
- You can easily set up HostGator’s email marketing services.
Free Site Migrations & Free cPanel Transfer
If you already have a website, and you want to move it to HostGator. When you sign up under HostGator, you will have 30 days to act on this.
HostGator’s support team will be there to help you (for free) to move any scripts, site files, domain names, and even your databases.
Whether you have a single site or multiple sites installs such as multiple subdomains for just one large site.
You’re all good. HostGator has got you covered. All of HostGator’s plans offer this transfer option, all for free.
This option is available whether you’re a coder or a non-coder, HostGator’s award-winning support team will help you.
More importantly,you will never have to deal with complicated site migration processes.
It’s as simple as 1-click installs in your hosgator cPanel.
Customer Support Available in Your cPanel
We want to emphasize this – Firstly HostGator’s support team is available 24/7. If you need specific help in your gator host cPanel, call them on the phone or contact them on Hostgator live chat.
You can relax and be assured that their tech support teams are professionals and very knowledgeable.
The 45 Days of Money-Back Guarantee
HostGator is very confident in their years of service and experience that they’ve extended the industry-stand 30-day refund to 45days.
This means you can fully use their services and if you encounter a problem, you are eligible for a full refund of your purchase.
Please note that this policy does not apply to HostGator’s administrative fees, installation fees for customized software, and dedicated servers.
HostGator is one of the leaders in the industry, their Uptime is (99.93%),. On average, HostGator only experiences downtime of about 15 minutes per day. This is normal, perfectly normal.
The average response time or speed for HostGator is around 734ms – please remember, that speed of your website depends on three things:
- Your web hosting plan (shared is usually slower while cloud, VPS, etc are faster).
- The number of WordPress plug-ins or software that you use.
- The filesizes of files that you use on your site such as images and so on.
To sum up, you as a customer are guaranteed that your website will always be on (99.90%), which you can easily monitor in your dashboard, and response speeds will simply depend on how you manage your website’s content. You can ask for a refund for 1 month of credit if uptime below 99.90 %; however, you need to do it within 30 days.
Conclusion: Reviews For HostGator
All reviews of hostgator agree that its customer experience is very user-friend and perfect for beginners.
For example, whether you’re a brand new webmaster or beginner blogger, HostGator is stacked with helpful full walkthroughs, tutorials, and an award-winning 24/7 customer service team who are all ready to help you.
If you’re looking for a cheap solution for web hosting, HostGator’s plans make it the perfect answer for anybody who wants a website that’s easy to manage.
HostGator makes it easy for you, to make your dreams a reality.
For beginners, we highly recommend you start out with a shared web hosting plan (you can upgrade later).
For professionals, we recommend you go with a dedicated or cloud plan, for more power and speed.
With all of these great features, HostGator is a reliable, user-friendly, well-experienced, has got excellent customer track record, and best of all, a very good customer support team.
Have you used HostGator before? Please consider leaving positive or negative reviews of HostGator below which is valid, unique, and brings value to our readers. As this can be of great help to our readers.Thanks for your support.
Related article: Bluehost vs HostGator
Is HostGator reliable?
HostGator is stacked with helpful full walkthroughs, tutorials, and an award-winning 24/7 customer service team who are all ready to help you. With all of these great features, HostGator is a reliable, user-friendly, well-experienced, has got an excellent customer track record, and best of all, a very good customer support team.
Why is HostGator the best?
HostGator is fast (unlike other host providers) even for their basic shared web hosting plans.
HostGator has Guaranteed Stable Uptime Service (99.90%) and it has an excellent variety in plans available to the customer + lots of exclusive discounts.
Is HostGator WordPress hosting worth it?
HostGator offers you an easy and convenient way of installing WordPress with just a few clicks with free daily backups, phenomenal server performance, high allowances for monthly visitors, massive storage, and more.
Does HostGator use cPanel?
HostGator utilizes one of the best cPanels in the industry. If you’re not sure what a cPanel is, think of it as a dashboard or a universal remote with lots of buttons for specific action
Ross is the founder of Hostingwhich, a free resource site where you can learn about Starting your own Blog & also find out about Web Host Services. Click here to learn more if you want to start a blog.