Dedicated Host server Meaning
A dedicated hosting service is also known as a managed hosting service. This is a type of internet hosting service that involves a service provider leasing a whole server to a client; a dedicated host server is not shared by other users.
The servers are normally designed for single use in web applications, high-traffic sites, and well as where performance is important when it comes to hosting.
There are many dedicated host service providers in the market. However, what sets the top performers apart includes features such as performance i.e. load speeds and uptime.
The control panel, RAM, and CPU also affect performance and that’s why it’s important to consider them as well.
After comprehensive research, our top 9 picks of web hosting with a dedicated server:
1.InMotion Server Hosting Dedicated – Best Overall
InMotion takes the crown for the best-dedicated host server with extra security measures. It’s designed with an APF firewall in addition to extra security layers to ensure that your website is fully protected against malware.
It’s renowned for its advanced dedicated servers that are designed with user-friendly features. This hosting platform is the best mix of a super-fast performance in addition to reliable customer support.
It has an average load time speed of 460 ms and an uptime of 99.999%, guaranteeing you the reliability you need.
Its high percentage of uptime is promoted by Smart Routing, a new technology that ensures your website remains online always.
It should be noted that the host server also comes with multiple plan options with the basic one having 8 GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, and 3.5 GHz.
You can also choose between HDD disks with 1 TB or SSD disks with 500 GB respectively.
• 99.999% uptime
• 460 ms load speed
• This dedicated server with cPanel is free and has customized firewall, and an SSL certificate
• Five dedicated IPs in addition to Corero DDoS Protection
Price: the cheapest plan starts from $139.99 per month with an annual commitment
• Free launch assist
• Faster and efficient
• Great data protection
• The servers are in the US only
• It’s designed for Linux
2.Liquid Web – Best Hardware
This platform is definitely a top-rated dedicated host server due to the luxury and support it offers. Liquid Web has a premium design that features efficient hardware.
Its managed dedicated server infrastructure offers the best solution to any business.
It runs on both Windows and Linux operating systems with single and dual processors. The dedicated severe solution is designed with Proactive Sonar Monitoring as well as ServerSecure hardening.
This helps to provide users with a high level of security and efficiency.
Liquid Web is a versatile platform that you can rely on. For instance, it not only optimizes your performance but also helps to mitigate any risk.
You have a chance to monitor your servers and in case there is a problem, you can always seek the help of the support team.
• 99.9% Uptime
• 360 ms load time
• 32 GB RAM, 4 CPU Cores, and 3.9 GHz processor
• Instant provisioning and custom configurations
Price: its lowest plan costs $199 per month without the cPanel.
• Powerful with faster load times
• Provides real-time monitoring
• It has its data centers spread in the US and Europe
• The bandwidth is limited to only 5 TB
• You have to pay more to access the cPanel
3.A2 Dedicated Host – Best Load Speed
A2 takes the crown for the best-dedicated server providers with excellent loading speeds. Data reports indicate that it’s almost 20 times faster than its closest competitors in this sector.
The platform also features multiple performance upgrades levels, thereby enhancing efficiency.
A2 can hit the lows of 180 ms in addition to a high level of reliability. Its uptime is 99.99% and this means that there are only a few minutes of downtime per year.
The platform also has great coverage with its data centers spread across the US, Asia, and Europe.
This dedicated host platform comes with solid-state drives with high speeds. This is enhanced with the LiteSpeed web server as well as Cloudflare for effective content delivery in the network. To enable its performance, the host also comes with a drop-in Apache replacement that uses fewer memory resources and utilizes less CPU.
• The server options are unmanaged
• 180 ms average load times
• 99.99% uptime
• Industry root and SSH access
• Free site migration in addition to 24/7 monitoring
• 8 GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, and 3.1 GHz
Price: the starting price is around $99.59 per month alongside a one-year commitment. In case you want a server option that has a cPanel then you should be prepared to pay $40 more per month.
• Comes with an efficient unmanaged dedicated server
• The data centers are distributed in three continents
• The host comes with 24/7 monitoring
• Turbo boost speeds that are 20x faster
• The load speeds are quite low and below the average industry standards
• You need to pay more in order to access the control panel
4.Bluehost Dedicated Hosting – Best for Linux Users
It’s rated as the best-dedicated host server for Linux users. Bluehost is keen on offering users the best experience and that’s why its quality of services as well as the number of features are significant.
This includes a great server capacity as well as configuration features such as cPanel interface and CentOS.
The host has a good uptime guarantee of 99.99% in addition to load speeds of the speed of 405 ms. it’s one of the fastest hosts with seamless coverage worldwide.
This is facilitated by the presence of data centers in the US, Asia, and Europe.
Bluehost dedicated server host’s cheapest plan comes with a 4 GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, and a 2.3 GHz processor. Due to its versatile nature, you can still get a 500 GB HDD space with a bandwidth that’s capped at 5 TB.
While this may look good to a beginner, there are many hosting service providers that offer higher HDD disk space as well as uncapped bandwidth.
• 405 ms load speed
• 99.99 uptime
• The cheapest plan comes with a 4GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, and 2.3 GHz processor
• It’s built with modern hardware for better efficiency and proper in-house maintenance
• Each plan has a minimum of 3 IP addresses
Price: Dedicated server Bluehost is one of the cheapest. It starts from $79.99 per month with a 3-year commitment.
• Affordable hosting plans
• Better load speeds and high uptime
• You don’t have to pay extra charges for the control panel
• The HDD disk space is quite low compared to what the competitors are offering
• The hosting service provider doesn’t offer DDoS protection
• The bandwidth is capped at 5 TB
5.GoDaddy – Best for Unrestricted Bandwidth
When we talk about the best hosting platforms, GoDaddy is usually one of the biggest brands that must be on the list. It has the best-dedicated host that offers impeccable services that are facilitated with its remarkable servers.
This makes it ideal for both small and large organizations that need reliable, speedy, and secure hosting services.
As one of the most hosting providers, GoDaddy has almost 80 million domain names. Its services when it comes to dedicated server hosting features unrestricted bandwidth and three dedicated IP addresses.
Also versatile and compatible with Windows and Linux systems.
This dedicated server for hosting has an average load of 530 ms which is quite impressive. With a great uptime of 99.98% per year, you can rely on it for all your operations.
All the dedicated resources are usually provisioned in just a few minutes. For a maximized performance, dedicated server GoDaddy uses RAID-1 disk mirroring that also offers excellent data protection.
• Has an average load time of 530 ms
• 99.98 uptime
• The dedicated server hosts are configured to work with Windows and Linux
• 4GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, and 3.1 GHz processor
• Customized plans, and a dedicated IP address
• A default RAID-1 storage and DDoS protection
• You can choose either from semi-managed or fully managed services
Price: GoDaddy is affordable and the cheapest plan usually starts at around $79.99 monthly in addition to a 2-year commitment. However, you need to be careful after initially signing up because the plan will get renewed at $174.99 per month after the initial period elapses. If you want the server to come with a dedicate cPanel then you will have to pay $15 more per month.
• It has a great load time
• The RAID-1 storage is quite efficient and offers excellent data protection
• Its data centers are well-distributed in the US, Europe, and Asia
• You need to pay more to access the cPanel
• The renewal costs are quite high
6.DreamHost Servers For Web Hosting – Best Reliable
DreamHost has been around for more than two decades. It’s one of the first companies that took the initial risk to venture into web hosting. Over the years it has grown significantly to become one of the best brands to offer the best-dedicated host server services.
This is an efficient and performance-oriented platform that ensures you get the value for money. It comes with unlimited bandwidth in addition to 1 TB HDD disk. For a starting plan, you get to deal with 4 CPU cores and a 4 GB RAM.
This serve offers 24/7 monitoring in addition to root and SSH access. With the RAID 1 storage, you are assured of good data protection as well as a highly efficient program that you can rely on.
• It has an average load speed of 660 ms
• Its uptime is 99.87%
• 4 CPU cores, 1 TB HDD storage, and 4 GB RAM
• Root access and 24/7 DDoS protection in addition to 2N+2 power
• Pricing: the cheapest DreamHost dedicated server hosting plan starts from $49 per month alongside a one-year commitment for dedicated hosting. With the in-house control panel, you dint have to buy extra charges per month.
• Easy to customize in addition to an in-house control panel
• There is a 24/7 monitoring feature
• Highly efficient reliable
• The uptime needs improvement
• The monthly plans are quite expensive
7.Interserver – Best Cost-Effective
If you are looking for the best cheap dedicated host server, then Interserver seems to be a good alternative. It’s not only affordable but also offers an impeccable performance. You can easily customize it to meet your needs.
The efficiency of InterServer is enhanced by its fast load speeds. On average, the program delivers a decent speed of 520 ms. according to industry experts, this is quite a good load time based that the host server is so cheap. In addition to that, it comes with a 99.99% uptime. This is an almost perfect uptime and annually, you can expect a 12-minute outage.
For starters, you get 8 GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, and a 3.2 GHz processor. For your storage plan, you have the option of using a 250 GB SDD or a 2TB HDD storage.
• 520 ms loading speeds
• 99.9% uptime
• Runs on both Windows and Linux operating system
• Standard root and SSH access
• There is a 24/7 server uptime monitoring
Price: the cheapest plan starts at around $80.00 monthly. However, this amount doesn’t include the control panel and you have to buy it separately.
• Faster load speeds and an almost perfect uptime
• There is a 24/7 technical support for all the dedicated servers
• Great for customization
• Cheapest dedicated server
• Its data centers are not spread to other parts of the world. They are in the US only.
• If you want the control panel, then you have to pay for it separately
8.HostGator Dedicated Server- Best Beginner-Friendly
When it comes to efficiency and simplicity, HostGator takes the top rank as the best-dedicated host server in this category.
Even though it has all the features that a user needs, everything has been simplified to make this hosting platform beginner-friendly and easy to operate.
The dedicated server web hosting services are available in three packages that are easy to understand. It should be noted that HostGator doesn’t focus entirely on customization options which means that beginners will have an easier time.
The versatile dedicated host comes with a 99.86% uptime in addition to an average load speed of 1090 ms. this is quite low based that some of its competitors have faster load speeds and high uptimes.
However, dedicated server HostGator compensates for this by offering unmetered bandwidth and free control panel.
• 99.86% uptime
• Its load speed is 1090 ms
• The cheapest plan comes with 8 GB RAM, 4 CPU Cores, and a 2.1 GHz processor
• Every plan consists of unmetered bandwidth and 3 dedicated IP addresses
• Root access and DDoS protection
Pricing: it will cost you around $89.98 per month to access the basic dedicated plan. It should be noted that the monthly plan for that cost comes with a three-year commitment. This is quite a good amount based that HostGator is one of the best platforms for your dedicated hosting services.
• The updates are automatic
• Simple and user-friendly interface
• There are very few customization options for efficiency
• The renewal fee is quite expensive
• HostGator has a low load time that’s below the industry standards
• Its data centers are located in the US
9.Hostwinds – Best for Windows and Customization
This is another budget-friendly alternative that can’t miss a spot on this list. More precisely, Hostwinds offers an impressive performance, especially if you are looking for a dedicated server with windows only.
And with the customization option, you can now configure it to suit your winds.
Hostwinds understand that finding the right dedicated server is like an investment. That’s why if you are still looking for a good plan, you can easily configure Hostwinds machines online to find what will work for you, even before you purchase it.
If you are just starting it, the lowest plan has 4 CPU cores in addition to an 8 GB memory. Its storage is 120 GB but it can go up to 4 TB SSD.
Hostwinds has an average of 99.99% uptime, a quite impressive percentage and this means that it almost stays online throughout. What may make you think twice about it is the average load time of 1120 ms, a speed that’s quite low.
• 1120 ms load time speed
• 99.99% uptime AND DDoS protection
• Highly customized servers that are ideal for both Windows and Linux
• SAS Type II plus Tier 4 datacenters
Pricing: the cheapest plan for this dedicated server costs $79.50 per month. However, you need to pay an extra amount of you wish to have a control panel.
• Excellent uptime which guarantees you reliability
• There is a 24/7 monitoring in addition to nightly backups• Provides DDoS protection
• You need to pay more for DDoS and control panel
Dedicated Server Hosting Conclusion
Dedicated server hosting is important in enhancing the performance and speed of websites. Whether you are a small or large organization, having such a host can improve the success of your business by allowing you to handle a large flow of visitors and ensure that you are online always.
You are also assured that your private data is protected. The above-reviewed hosting services are in my list of the best-dedicated server which you can take into consideration before buying a dedicated server.
They offer great performance,speed, a high level of reliability, and security.
Have you used any of these dedicated host servers before? Please consider leaving a positive or negative review below about which is the best-dedicated server host; which is valid, unique, and brings value to our readers. As this can be of great help to our readers.Thanks for your support.
Ross is the founder of Hostingwhich, a free resource site where you can learn about Starting your own Blog & also find out about Web Host Services. Click here to learn more if you want to start a blog.