What Are The Best Blog Sites?
We all know that the Internet is a place to share useful information and bring people together. Whether you are a blogger or you want to create a blog of your own, the following best blogging sites that I am about to share can be of great help.
Lets dive in..
In this article, I will share with you the list of Top 10 Best Blog Sites with pros and cons.
First, I will talk about the things you need to consider when choosing among the best and easy blog sites that will suit your needs.
There are many blogging platforms you can use to create a standard blog so that your blog post is accessible to all readers in just a few hours.
Often these platforms are a branch of Content Management Systems (CMSs), which means these platforms are primarily built for you to publish your content on the web.
Furthermore, when you choose where to blog, you’ll need that CMS with the following capabilities:
· Default text editor included. Usually, the content of the blog is text, so you need to choose a CMS that has this feature ready and can format the book well.
· Comment function. To grow an extended blog, you need the right comment section to increase engagement and page view time, so, best blog sites can help you manage comments easily.
· Highly customizable. Today many CMSs can help you customize the look and functionality of your blog based on add-ons. This is important even for a simple blog, as it helps you to add whatever features you need.
· Ability of extension. Ideally, you should choose highly extensible platforms, so that you can manage a variety of content without slowing your website down, your blog can use its full potentialities.
· Easy to use. Creating a blog is neither time-consuming nor complicated; therefore, you don’t need a developer to design the web for you. Therefore, choosing a simple, easy-to-use, and the neat platform is more convenient for learning and working.
· Cost: This is important. The best blog sites you choose needs to fit into your budget
Check out my top picks for bloggers with a list of criteria that you should keep in mind when choosing the best blog platform.
Top 10 Free Blog WebSites
1. WordPress.org –Best Blogging Sites
WordPress.org is an open-source platform that allows you to manually install, complete a website, customize it to your liking, and administer it yourself.
This is the most popular source code for making the website worldwide, accounting for 90% of blogs on the Internet.
Although it is one of the best blog sites for free, you have to purchase hosting & domain separately to deploy.
Hence, it will take around $ 10 / year for a domain name (free with Bluehost) and $ 4 / month for web hosting. I think it is one of the best blog sites for beginners.
· Full control over the website, which means your blog is your property.
· Use your domain name as you like, you are free to buy add on domain if required.
· Freedom to install additional themes, plugins as you want. Has a library of thousands of free themes & widgets.
· Intervene in customizing the interface & advanced features for the website to optimize the user experience.
· The user community is extremely crowded, there are many tutorials out there.
· Good security if following existing instructions.
· Mus be self-operated; you need to know the process of a self-creating the WordPress website.
· Need an initial investment, including the cost of hosting rental, buying a domain(free with Bluehost)
· If you do not know how to use it, you may be hacked or attacked.
· You need to learn about website administration to protect private property.
2. WordPress.com – Best Blog Creating Sites Free
WordPress.com serves users who only need a fast WordPress website without having to manually install the site, rent hosting, and spend money to buy a separate domain name.
You can create a WordPress blog in just a few minutes. The setup process is straightforward. Also, You can choose a theme, add a few pages, and write a blog post, and so on.
Additionally,with the free plan, your blog:
· is a subdomain of WordPress.com (e.g., yourblog.wordpress.com)
· Display ads from WordPress.com
Overall, WordPress.com is perfect if you want to create a personal blog. But if you’re going to make money blogging, you will find this is not very appropriate; You are better off with shared hosting.
· Just an email address can open an account to start blogging.
· Easy to operate, friendly interface.
· You do not pay any expenses such as: renting hosting, buying a domain, buying themes, plugins.
· Limited storage capacity and bandwidth (3GB), if you want more, you must upgrade.
· The default is a subdomain in the form of username.wordpress.com, which is not professional.
· If you want to point the private domain to have to upgrade; the fee is not cheap.
· You can not customize the interface or add code for tracking.
· You can not use the plugin installed from outside to help serve the purpose of making money from the website.
3. Medium.com – Best Blog Free Platform (Writing Sites)
Medium is suitable for those who:
. Love to write.
. Hobbyists who share the experiences of everyday life in specific fields.
.Individuals with very specialized knowledge in a particular field.
.Companies who are updating their products.
This bloggings platform brings together a lot of top experts in the fields, so it attracts a lot of readers who want to improve their life experience through reading.
In terms of writing, if you have a passion for sharing or want to create a simple blog to update your life and work experiences, then Medium is also an ideal place.
· Easy registration, free to use.
· Clean, optimized interface & super good reading experience.
· Full support for basic format formats for content like other website editors.
· Strong Domain Authority thanks to the overall strength of the whole site => more people search your articles.
· You can not self-administer the blog as a website of your own.
· You do not have a separate domain name. If you want to add, pay a fee. Your blog will be medium.com/@username.
· No user interface.
· You cannot install additional plugins, tools to support business, or make money on the website.
· Strictly censored content.
4. Blogger.com–Best Blog Sites For Writers
Blogger.com is the oldest and most popular name with many early website builders around the world. (Its former name was Blogspot). This is a Google product that allows you to create the best blogs for free and comfortably with a repository of themes available similar to WordPress.com.
Blogger.com is considered the best free blog platform by many individuals, small and medium enterprises, to make a business website. However, Google does not focus much on this product.
Blogger.com has very few updates, which makes it’s not as powerful as WordPress, gradually the number of users is less.
· Is a product of Google, minimalistic and clean interface.
· Can interfere with the interface and utilities but must know briefly about the code.
· Free & extremely easy to operate.
· Support inserting tracking codes easily.
· Full support for basic text format on the editor.
· You can buy & point domain freely or use the default subdomain username.blogspot.com.
· The interface is no longer suitable with modern web design trends.
· Google is no longer updating much for this product.
· You must understand a bit of code if you want to intervene more deeply.
5. Wix.com – Best Blog Website Builder
Wix is one of the leading website builders today with many templates available and a powerful application/service repository.
The platform received over 80% of the 4.0-star rating from users.
Always up to date with modern website trends, not inferior to self-created web resources such as WordPress.org, Wix meets the needs of businesses to individual users.
· Responsive interface repository with over 500 templates.
· Interface built under HTML5 & Boostrap source code to maximize the user experience on the website.
· Very easy to use with just a few simple account creation & blogging.
· The editor has many advanced features, helps to format documents beautifully.
· Wix premium package is full of features to support building and operating a standard website.
· Quite limited features compared to WordPress.org
· There are no advanced themes, plugins to maximize the conversion rate on the website like WordPress.
· The online tutorials are not popular because the community of users is not large
· The storage capacity with the free plan is very low; with the paid plans, the price is quite high.
6. Joomla – Best Blog Starting Website
When choosing the best blogging sites, Joomla is a competitor to WordPress. These two platforms have many things in common. So if you don’t know where to blog, choose 1 in 2. Both are open-source with excellent scalability.
However, Joomla gives a more special experience. It gives you a broader website set up than WordPress does.
But also because there are more useful customizations, it will be a bit more challenging to learn than WordPress. Joomla’s upside is that it makes web maintenance very easy. From my experience, you get no errors after updating Joomla or its extensions.
In short, a lot of people choose WordPress and Drupal because they have more add-ons. However, Joomla, like CMS, combines the two.
Because it is easier to operate, does not require you to be a programmer, and has enough default features for you to use without having to install additional extensions.
· There are more default tools than WordPress.
· Website created with Joomla Usually easier to operate, with fewer errors.
· It’s easier to learn, especially if you’re a newbie.
· The foundation has very detailed and useful user documentation.
· Not as many themes and extensions as its competitors.
7. Drupal–Best Blog Sites Free(For Business)
Drupal is another big name that has received a lot of attention from the CMS community, alongside WordPress and Joomla !. This particular platform is famous for enterprise- websites, as it aims to be more secure.
Where to blog, but in Drupal, you will have all the necessary features to use. Its text editor has a lot of functionality for customization and formatting.
One reason Drupal is the top choice for large sites is that it is incredibly secure, and is more potent than most other CMS like Joomla and WordPress. The one downside, however, is that Drupal is difficult to pick up if you are not an experienced programmer.
Furthermore, if you use Drupal to create a simple blog, it feels like a bit of an exaggeration.
So, Drupal is suitable when you want to blog for your company and are willing to invest a little time in becoming a web developer.
· Good security.
· There are thousands of free plugins and templates to customize your website.
·You can easily scale your site, thanks to its power management architecture.
· You can use a specialized Drupal distro to install a particular type of website.
· Learning how to use Drupal is quite difficult unless you already have some experience with web development.
8. Weebly.com–Best Blog Website Creator
Weebly is well known for its highly regarded website building tools, which have gained traction with many bloggers starting in recent years.
One of the most significant advantages you get with Weebly’s free hosting plan is that you have full access to an easy-to-use website builder, giving you a clear picture of the size of your blog by how to use the Weebly platform.
.Easy to use for newbies and probably the best blog site builder.
.You can try the service before you pay.
.No ads when you use the free plan.
.Integration with Google Analytics.
. Limited integration features integrate only with specific third-party platforms.
.Web page export is difficult.
9. Tumblr.com–Best Blog Platform Free (To Read)
Tumblr is a massive community and combination for users like Facebook and Twitter. It’s a social media site rather than a blogging platform. Users often focus on other blogs, search for the best blogs to read and follow.
However, it is also another ideal place for you to find social communities that cater to your blogs.
Tumblr has a Decent mobile app that makes it easy for Tumblr to submit content to a Tumblr blog from anywhere, and it easily customizes the theme and makes it your style.
.Easy to set up and use.
.You can integrate social features like tracking, blogging, and sharing.
. Easy multimedia publishing (videos, GIFs, etc.)
. Easy to change and design
. It’s challenging to back up your content and use it on other platforms.
. This isn’t for you if you’re looking for a fully customizable platform for more in-depth blogging.
Squarespace provides users a quick and easy way to build websites through a drag-and-drop interface.
What makes website building tools like Squarespace unique is that it not only empowers individuals but also supports small businesses by giving them the power to go beyond the knowledge bounds to create.
All users need to do is focus on the aesthetics of the website and their own core business.
.Good site speed.
.Drag and drop interface.
.Allows importing/exporting data.
.Friendly with electronic commerce.
.Great support service.
.G Suite integration.
.There is no free plan.
.The editor is quite cumbersome.
.Limited SEO customization.
.Not compatible with third-party CDNs.
Best Blog Platform:Conclusion
You can use the same platform for many years if it’s right for you. So, from the very beginning, when learning where to blog, choose the best blog websites for you. Most people love to use WordPress, but it’s not the only option. Each of the blogging sites on the list above has particular strengths for bloggers and users.
I hope that the Top 10 Best Blog hosting Sites list will help you make a perfect choice.
Which one of these best blog sites for free do you use or plan to use? What is your experience with any of these sites? Please leave a unique and helpful review for our readers. Thanks a lot.
Related article:How to start a Blog?
Also read:Free web hosting sites
Ross is the founder of Hostingwhich, a free resource site where you can learn about Starting your own Blog & also find out about Web Host Services. Click here to learn more if you want to start a blog.